Thursday, September 4, 2008

Glassblowing

It was a nice day to go glassblowing. It was outside and I enjoyed the breeze that came through. Once again, we had to wear some fashionable lab coats for this unique experience. Jen wore dark protective glasses, but I didn't have to since I already sport glasses to protect these baby blues. Apparently the groups usually have ten people, but our group had three. Since it was such a small group and we weren't pressed for time, they let us each make two ornaments! The first one I made was a swirl with aqua and opal. Strawberry speckled was my choice for the second one. Knowing how much I talk, I didn't think blowing would be a hard task, but let me tell you, it was difficult. I decided it was because we had to blow the entire length instead of right up close like she did, but hey, we had to be sanitary and use different tips, so I won't complain!










No comments: