Sunday, September 27, 2009

T-shirt Quilt

This summer I decided before my road trip
I would collect t-shirts at the various
locations and make a t-shirt quilt as a
memory of the trip vs picking up little trinkets
I was bound to lose and brake, etc, etc...

Thanks to a great mom for patiently
working with me to graph out and
plan the attack for making the quilt!
The green shirt in the bottom left is
one of my favorite finds. I grew up
hearing 'gimme sugar' so I couldn't
pass this one up in South Carolina.



I love love love this quilt, but I must say
it was not the easiest one I've ever made.
In fact, might be the hardest because it
wasn't cut and dry with a nice simple
pattern. There was a lot of math and figuring
out how much material was needed on
each side of each t-shirt!


Here is the final project! I didn't take a picture, but
I chose flip flops as the backing since I LOVE flops,
they represent what I mainly wore on this fun
southern road trip! Thanks to everyone that let us
stay with them and for all the fun memories made=)




2 comments:

Jennie said...

I love it!!!!! Such a cool idea.

Alison said...

Ohhh! I am totally impressed! It looks great--I love the blue color, too. Do you have a boiled peanuts one???