Thursday, August 7, 2008

National Historic Park- Sitka

I almost didn't post the picture with my hood on, but I wanted to explain. People thought I was nuts being set on getting a rain jacket before leaving. If you notice, I wear that jacket often. Even though we only had one day that rained all day, most days it was enough to need a hood at times and I was sure happy to sport it. (Even if it's not too fashionable) It was easier for me to have the jacket rather than keeping up with an umbrella.









At the end of our tour through the woods, we came upon this totem pole. The guy wasn't there working on it at the time, but apparently he has only been working on it for two months. I thought he was going to tell us two years. The man carves it and his son paints. It is amazing to me to see what they can carve. If you gave me a piece of wood, it would never resemble anything more than a blob.









No comments: