Thursday, August 7, 2008

White Pass & Yukon Route Railroad


The train ride was gorgeous. This was in Skagway, Alaska, and it took us 2,865 feet up into breathtaking scenery. I am just including a few of my favorite shots. The scenery is amazing and I never got bored with how beautiful everything is in Alaska. The waterfalls are everywhere you turn along with eagles. You will see a few eagles in upcoming posts. Once a tour guide was asked, "What time do they turn the waterfalls off?" I laughed so hard. I still laugh every time I think about that. My bet is that was one serious city dweller!









This picture was taken on the way down. After the train ride up, we took a bus down. It was cool because we saw some different scenery and sights. Since we crossed into Fraser, B.C. and needed our passports, we stopped here on the way down for a photo opt. You know I can't pass a great photo opt up!
















1 comment:

FireworksNut said...

Looks like a great time. Wish I could go too.