Thursday, August 7, 2008

Photo Safari by Land in Juneau








We took a photo safari by land and sea. It was really cool. I have too many pictures so I am breaking this tour into several posts. The lady on the trip was very informative and gave great camera tips as part of the tour. Some of the information is probably common knowledge for most, but I learned a lot from her about my camera. These pictures were taken on the Moraine Ecology Trail which lead to the Mendenhall Glacier. She also warned us about bears and told us she will grab us and pull us back if we don't start walking backwards. Apparently folks on previous guides didn't listen and she had to take charge. It would have been cool to see a bear from a distance, but I didn't take a change of clothes in anticipation of running into one along the trail.







No comments: