Friday, October 31, 2008

Furniture Find

So, anyone who knows me, knows I have never been one for decorating. My room has always been very simple. Finding a cute comforter has been about as creative as this gal gets when it comes to home decor. Well, a few months back when I was hunting for a home, I actually purchased a few nice pictures. Then, the housing thing didn’t work out and they just sat there. A few weeks ago, I actually hung them in my room. Then, I decided I needed a few shelves to hang on the wall. While looking for the shelves (which I am still on the hunt for) I came across what I consider to be a really cute bench. Do I need a bench? No. Do I currently have a lot of space I am trying to fill? Nope. Well, I ended up purchasing the bench and a trunk. I figure they will always be needed and would be cute in any bedroom or home that might be in my future, but not near future, that is for sure! Anyhow- enjoy the pictures of my attempt at the age of 28 to decorate all the sudden. Not sure why the font is blue up there or underlined, oops! The trunk was the easy one to get out. I cut the box open and tipped the trunk out.
The bench was the tricky part. I wasn't going to wait for help- I had the bench and was ready to get it in my room. Heaven knows I am not one of strength and I knew there was no way I could lift this puppy out, or tip it over. So, I cut the front part of the box open. Slowly and surely, I was able to shift it out of the box.

Knowing me, if the bench had not been boxed this way, I would have never figured out I could fold the back down to create a flat table area! I think it is cute either way, depending on the purpose.



The trunk is at the end of my bed.



Now I have to figure out what fun treasures will be stored in my trunk.




The bench is against one of my walls. It also opens to provide storage. The shelves I am looking for are actually for this wall also.












I didn't have room to move my queen sized sleigh bed, but this is my bed and it's just great. Lots and lots of pillows and of course, my big ole' pig from ry. I've had him for almost eight years, thanks, Ry!







No comments: